The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Friday, September 7, 2007

Ziyi Zhang

Ok, so true story, I ran into this actress last week,



Ziyi Zhang



(or is it Zhang Ziyi? She told me to call her Zhang. Maybe that is because she wanted to be bff with me? Not sure.) Anyway I was sitting at the Starbucks over there on Main, and in she walks. I was sure it was her because I just gotten finished watching Rush Hour 2 for the hundredth time. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH? Ha! Never gets old, man. You have to hear my Chris Tucker impression sometime. I’M LA PD?? Imagine I just said that in my Chris Tucker voice. Hilarious, right? Ah, so anyway, Zhang walks in and sits with her cafĂ© con leche, and I let her be. Surprisingly, she approaches me and tells me (in Mandarin of course) what a fan she of me, because she is a fellow BWE commenter. Well, I don’t recall seeing any BWE comments in Mandarin, so I accuse her (in Mandarin of course) of being a big fat liar. She didn’t try to drop kick me or anything; she just explained patiently (in Mandarin) that she has a translator. Oh, we had a good laugh over that. Then we talked for awhile (in Mandarin) about the 19 movies that she has made, did funny Chris Tucker impressions (in Mandarin), and put on some Geisha makeup while drinking frappachinos . Though I would say it was a typical day at Starbucks, it was also a pretty darn good day overall.

Inspiration:



JD

1 comment:

Nicholman said...

can you please explain, to my satisfaction, why I have not heard your Chris Tucker impression? And possibly why I am still so ignorant of tuba lingo...