The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Wednesday, August 29, 2007

facebook!

I am part of one too many social networking sites. Oh yeah, I am a big networker. So I was wary about joining facebook. What if there are people that don't want to be my friend? What if I can't network properly? The layout of the site isn't very intuitive, you can't join your college network with a college email address (uh, I'm not IN college anymore), it's all totally random. But I'd like to tell you why this site has won me over. So I will. The people. Specifically, the people on facebook are way better than myspace or whatever else. The reason? Some genius started a group called "Bring Back Monocles." And there are many members! What? At first I was a bit disappointed that someone stole my thunder -- I'm the one who owns two monocles! I am the one who has been fighting to bring back monocles for years! But then I realized that these people are my soulmates. These are the people I have been looking for all of my life. And so it has to become the social networking site of choice. FACEBOOK! (that was a semi-cheer there at the end)

No comments: