The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Wednesday, August 15, 2007

when showalter, black and wain were my age...

Originally published June 19, 2007

they had already done the state. they could have looked at each other, shrugged, and said, "hey, we are in our 20's and we just made a show that will go down in history as 'if you don't know this show, you ain't hip.' so, let's hang it up, call it day, move to Redding, Connecticut and hang at grocery stores... maybe one day promise to do glamour shots with some random girl and then not follow through." but they didn't. they didn't do any of that. Well maybe a little bit of it but last time I checked, there is no Daily Gawker Stalker in Connecticut, so who the hell knows. Despite the fact that they were hundredaires from making the state, they continued to work. Oh! and work they did. Everything from Law&Order to Ed to "Viva Variety" to little tiny projects that in no way revolutionized comedy as we know it such as Wet Hot American Summer and Stella. Did it hurt that they somehow became pals with Paul Rudd along the way? No. You are up against a tiger or a bear or an elephant and your life hangs in the balance, and all you have to do is have Paul Rudd step in front of you. Wild animals freakin LOVE Paul Rudd. And life, my friends, is a lot like a wild animal. And now look. Mikey Sho's The Baxter. Wain's The Ten. Black's... slamming a door in my face after his stand up routine. You see, it's been a long journey, but they accomplished the state before they were even the age i am now. Now, I'm no comedy writer, but that's pretty sad. and this is actually a suicide note.

No comments: