The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Deal breakers

Originally posted July 24, 2006

Writing has become a preferable form of communication among young whippersnappers. (http://www.google.com/; define: whippersnapper; "someone who is unimportant but cheeky and presumptuous.)

Motivational phrases. Words to live by. Things like this flow from the mouths/err pens of said whip-snaps. Uplifting, they are. Enough to get through hard times, they are. Except for two.
Two such phrases have become "deal breakers." By this, I mean I am forced to hate anyone that says and/or writes these phrases. I am sorry. Really I am. Hate is such a strong word. Not strong enough, though. Not strong enough.

The first phrase:
"What does not kill us makes us stronger." In this phrase, "you" can be substituted, or "me." A deal breaker no matter what. A DB, if you will. This one is huge, used round the world to mop up a young girl's tears after all of her friends gang up on her, beat her senseless and then throw her in a locker. Substitute "dumpster" for locker. The phrase should be,"What does not kill us makes us wish it had." Because, lets face it, almost dying must really suck.

The second is even more maddening, if possible. This one has been heard by any person who has attempted to lose weight at any given point in their life. And it is, as follows:

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."
It's not the meaning behind the phrase. I don't care about that. It just sounds goddamn idiotic. Such as, if any friend of mine every said that to me, "Now Megan, REMEMBER before you eat that cupcake -- NOTHING tastes as good as thin feels!! teehee!!" ::skips away::, oh.. that's the ultimate DB. It makes me want to almost kill her just so I can utter my new phrase (see above).

Thanks for your time.

ps. Why do the commercial buyer people put commercials for Sonic on the telly when the

No comments: