The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Wednesday, August 22, 2007

when the five minute rule goes very very badly

sometimes i try to write on a topic for 5 mins and nothing is coming to me, or it is coming out very very badly, or i just run out of damn time. sometimes it's all three! Today I ran into some problems, but I'm not going to just pretend like it didn't happen like some kind of chump named Murray. No, I'm going to show it to you so you can point and laugh. (note: me writing this was not part of the five minutes). the five minutes started...

NOW

______________________________________________

sometimes whe its warm outside, or cold, or in between I'll take a walk down to the water on my break from my prestigious position at a prestigious law firm where I am often referred to "top dawg" with a w... always with a w. I'll walk down there - it takes about 4 minutes -- and sit on a bench and just think about my life, my past loves and sometimes cupcakes, like the time i had a cupcake and it tasted sort of stale. That made me mad because now I can't eat a cupcake without being really scared that it's going to be stale. Being scared a cupcake isn't exactly something to be proud of it. But I love it on that old bench.

____________________________________________________

END

Ok my five minutes were up. Granted I was interrupted by a phone call, but the hilarity of the whole thing that is that if I asked you to guess the topic, you would probably say something like "a bench by the water." No, my topic was, "a green tshirt bearing the letters WWJD?" Didn't even get there, at all. As I started writing it, I envisioned that I would eventually run into a guy wearing that tshirt. He might of been Jesus, he may not have been, but he most likely would have turned water into wine before we parted ways.

1 comment:

Joe the Conservative said...

You have a interesting yet quirky blog that provides some quick laughs.



Check my blog out

conservativechatter.blogspot.com