The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Friday, August 24, 2007

PIMP SOMETHING OUT in five minutes!

I have this stream of consciousness kind of random way to go about things at times, or sometimes, or never. If you saw the first chapters of the thing that I'm working on, shopping around, pitching - whatever you choose - you would see that I maybe perhaps in some ways in some other world have the ability to write something from within myself, instead of insisting upon making everything useless yammer.

I don't know what any of the above means. What I do know that I love writers. And I also know that it is time for me to PIMP SOMETHING OUT in 5 minutes.

There is this piece of writing -- an Internet novel if you will -- that one of my favorite things in the world. A comedy horror novel. It is so great because it is hilarious and crazy and random but yet so well written and CREATIVE and smart and I can go on and on. Writers like this don't come along that often, where you might actually believe they wrote a whole novel off the top of their head and it was brilliant. Ok that doesn't even happen, but the flow of this thing is beautiful. It's quirky, though, and not for the faint of heart or the holier-than-thou.

The thing that sold me as I read this, this CREATION on my computer screen after stumbling on it accidently was a single line. The line just sums up for me what is great about this writer.

"She burst into snakes."

Just a line that makes you think "whaaa? AWESOME!" and totally unexpected. And that is what you will say to yourself continuously as you read it. Oh and sorry to spoil it for you but

John Dies at the End.







No comments: