The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Monday, August 27, 2007

the starter hub

Who in the world would get married to someone they didn't intend on spending the rest of their life with?

I guess more than one person, because I read a whole article about this while on the train the other day. The starter husband.

The subtitle on the article is "You’d never buy a car without test-driving it first, right? So why settle into a lifelong marriage before trying one on for size?" Yeah, let's compare marriage to buying a car. That makes a whole lot of sense. Yay women's magazines!

So what's this all about? Women who get married in their mid twenties, and then divorce before 30. Women who were unsure going into the marriage. But really value the experience. They really do. It really helps them in their relationships to come.

Granted, I have been married a few times, but never divorced so I could never fall into the same category as these women. Just because the men I marry happen to die doesn't mean I am like them. And it doesn't help me in my relationships to come because people are increasingly following me. People with badges.

I guess that this article makes me want to confess... oh my time is up.

No comments: