The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Monday, August 20, 2007

A poem I wrote in the last five minutes

I wonder sometimes about those mid 90’s bands
You know the ones that kinda sounded all the same?
I wonder no more since that one night
I walked into famous daves
Which is a barbeque joint I guess
At least the sign says so
But I didn’t see any people there
In fact the door was locked
So I started to walk way
But the manager came out and said
Actually we are open
So I asked why the heck is door locked
And he said because we are normally closed now
So I said but you just said you weren’t closed
And he said, we aren’t
And so I felt confused by this supposed to be closed but open barbeque joint
So I elbowed the manager who hadn’t said he was the manager
I just assumed he was the manager
He had on pleated pants which really bothered me
So yeah, the elbow to his face
But he was nice after that
Only the bar was open he said
So I walked into it and there you see
Was a band from the mid 90’s
Like the ones I wonder about
I mentioned that before, remember
A band called collective soul
Hanging out in the middle of nowhere
In an empty bar in a barbeque joint that was supposed to be closed
Next to a crappy hotel with an elevator that barely works
I wish I could say we became friends that night
But we became much, much more
We became collective soul-mates
That sounded so much funnier the first time I said it
Not so much now that it’s written down
But I had to ask, so what have you been up to
Since the mid 90’s when you had a few hits
And the one guy replied
We’ve been watching you grow up
To become this beautiful young woman
Which sounded sort of strange
So I said, so you’ve been stalking me since the mid 90’s
Yes came the answer
Now what I asked the guy whose name I know but it’s in the back of my mind somewhere
Well we would kill you but we recently learned that's frowned upon
So we'll just go back home

No comments: