The Five Minute Rule goes like this... if you leave me a topic somewhere in my comments, I'll write on it off the top of my head for five minutes. It might be funny or it might be crap! Most of the blogs here are from the 5 minute rule. I'll give ya credit for the post idea, I guess. Hey, spin the wheel, take a chance.



Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A turkey sandwich!

And now I shall recount the time a turkey sandwich saved my life.

It was a warm winters day and I was heading to work and decided to take a shortcut across a church parking lot. I was holding my lunch, a turkey sandwich.

All of a sudden, i hear foot steps behind me, coming closer... and closer... and closer. "Why turn around," I thought to myself. "This is a church parking lot, what the heck is going to happen in the church parking lot? I mean, it's a church! You know, jesus is involved and everything." A long thought process, I realize, but that is hardly the point.

Oh yeah, the steps, and me not not turning around. Well I wasn't going to turn around but then I did because a voice said, "turn around!" I thought maybe the priest from the church had a cookie for me or something. Oh but that wasn't the case at all. I turned.

To my surprise it was a pirate holding a gun. "Why are you holding a gun?" I said. "You are a pirate, shouldn't you have a sword or something?" "Shouldn't you be scared?" the pirate, who I had quickly nicknamed Capatain Yoyo in my head, said. "I suppose you have a point," I replied.

And then the rest is a bit of a blur, but the pirate shot, and I held up my turkey sandwich. And the turkey sandwich, being bulletproof of course, blocked the bullet from entering my cold black heart. And thus my life was saved.

Afterwards, Captain Yoyo and I had a good chuckle. What a day!


INSPIRATION FOR THIS BLOG: TA

1 comment:

DubLiMan said...

I found you form your forum question. OK, here goes:
1. This post....not funny
2. You need pictures
3. The template you use takes away from the content. It is too busy.
4. Here is a subject - Hurricane Dean
5. Convince me to come back.

http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com